The Learning Assistance Center (LAC)
The Learning Assistance Center (LAC) is an academic support program that challenges students to become independent and successful learners. Services such as tutoring, academic skills instruction, and workshops help students:
- improve study skills,
- increase their understanding of course content,
- enhance self-confidence, and
- encourage positive attitudes toward learning.
The Learning Assistance Center (LAC) is one of four offices of the Student Success Center that support the academic mission of UNCG for all undergraduate students.
We emphasize critical thinking and concept application through a diverse range of tutoring services and academic skills instruction. The LAC serves students in a supportive manner and challenges them to enhance their academic performance.
The LAC accomplishes its mission by:
- Assisting students in acquiring the skills that will enhance their academic performance
- Assisting students in learning methods that will improve their subject content mastery
- Enhancing undergraduate academic performance and retention
- Continually assessing our effectiveness and incorporating changes for improvement
- Collaborating with faculty and staff to address students' academic needs
You MUST request assistance from our program before you will be allowed to use any of our services. To put in a request, click "Request Assistance" under the Student menu to the left or click here.