SIP Employment - SIP Leader
SIP Leaders are hired in conjunction with the faculty presiding over the course that is offering Supplemental Instruction. Students should refer to appropriate faculty for employment. However, to qualify as an SIP Leader, you must meet the following:
- To apply, SIP Leaders must have an overall 3.00 GPA and "B+" grade or better in the course in which they wish to lead.
- To lead, SIP Leaders must have good skills in communication and feel comfortable leading a group of students in discussion.
As an SIP Leader, you will be asked to do the following:
- Attend the course that you will be leading.
- Take notes in the course and be a "model student" for the class. This includes not missing any class meeting times, sitting near the front, and inviting students to come to your SIP sessions.
- Conduct 3 one-hour SIP sessions a week outside of class time.
- Attend a nine-hour training at the beginning of the semester.
- Attend In-Service meetings during the semester.
- Meet with the course instructor for one hour per week.
- Complete all paperwork and payroll in a timely fashion.
SIP Leaders work 10 hours each week:
- 3 hours are spent in the course.
- 3 hours are spent in the SIP sessions.
- 1 hour is spent with the presiding faculty.
- 1 hour is spent in In-Service meetings.
- 2 hours are spent planning/ conducting test review sessions as needed
How to Apply
No positions available at this time.